Volunteers are the lifeblood of Shepherd Community Center, and we depend on them daily to keep our programs running smoothly and effectively!
Shepherd Community Center desires to provide a variety of opportunities for individuals and families, businesses and organizations, and churches to use their gifts and resources to assist the Shepherd staff in breaking the cycle of poverty on the near Eastside of Indianapolis.
Please explore the links to find out about our current needs, which are updated on a regular basis, as well as our upcoming special events. There is also a Volunteer FAQ page, which is designed to help familiarize you with our volunteer process.
Here’s what some of our volunteers have said about their experience at Shepherd:
“I feel honored to be a part of supporting a dedicated staff and the wonderful programs here at Shepherd Community. I volunteer a few days a week and although my impact may be small, I am reminded that making an impact, large or small, will have the same ripple effect and can make a difference in the lives of others.” – Patty
“Shepherd is an amazing facility. The staff is very patient and encouraging to the students. I was shocked at all of the things they teach the students. The K3 class knew all of their colors and shapes in both English and Spanish…the 1st grade class knew how to read and parts of speech…they also provide breakfast, lunch, and snacks for all students…this is how education should be.” – Heather
Thank you once again for considering Shepherd Community as a ministry partner. Together, we can break the cycle of poverty!
To learn more about Shepherd, take a tour of our facility or get started with the volunteer process, please fill out our Volunteer sign up form, or contact our Volunteer Coordinator Phil Merki at firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual & Family Opportunities
- Holiday Events
- Christmas Festival – December 17
- Christmas Store – December 20
- Baskets of Hope – November 20: Delivering totes of food to Shepherd’s neighbors
- Health Clinic: Doctors, nurses, translators, and administrative personnel needed Saturdays from 8am – noon (monthly scheduling flexible)
- Group Opportunities
- Mozel Sanders – Thanksgiving Day, November 24: Food prep or delivery of Thanksgiving meals to those who would otherwise not have a Thanksgiving meal.
- 2016 Saturday Morning Breakfast sign-ups available for a group/family to bring, prepare, and serve food to up to 50 neighbors and Health Clinic volunteers from 8am – Noon.
Shepherd believes in empowering its volunteers to serve in areas where they have a passion to lead. If you or someone you know is interested in volunteering in one of these areas or any other area at Shepherd, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Phil Merki at 317.375.0203 or email@example.com