Shepherd offers many unique ways to get involved in helping families break the cycle of poverty. One is through our sponsorship program. By participating in our sponsorship program, you are helping give a child, a college student or a family a “hand up” to break the cycle of poverty. Read our Hand Up FAQ by clicking this link
How does Hand Up help my sponsored child?
Your sponsorship of $27 a month will help one inner city child have the resources and supportive relationships needed to succeed in school and in life. As a child sponsor you receive:
- Quarterly communication from your sponsored child
- Ability to schedule a visit to tour the facilities and observe the programs in which your child participates
- Receive timely notification if your sponsored child is no longer a part of programs.
How does Hand Up help my sponsored college student?
Our college students are motivated to achieve academically, but need support and guidance to meet their goals. Many are first generation high school graduates and have never navigated the complex world of college selection, preparation, admissions and financial aid. Your sponsorship of $125 a month will give a college student unique tools and guidance to help them achieve their dreams:
- One-on-one collegiate coaching to prepare for the college experience and navigate through the admission process
- One-on-one career mentoring, including internship opportunities and connections to future employment opportunities
- A laptop computer and a digital reading device for digital textbooks
- A $25/month gift card for incidental expenses
To sponsor a child now, please fill out our simple donation form below.