Shepherd’s Summer EXCEL program serves 150 youth grades first through sixth and was named to reflect our primary goal of Embracing eXcellence and Committing to Education for Life. Summer EXCEL operates for six weeks throughout the summer, and runs Monday – Friday from 8 am to 3 pm. Our Summer EXCEL program helps students stay engaged in learning throughout the summer by providing fun-filled enrichment activities to develop and strengthen a child’s mind, body, and spirit. Each student also receives two hot and nutritious meals each day.
Through our Continuum of Care, our Summer EXCEL Program allows our students to meet their physical, emotional, spiritual, and academic needs with activities like:
- Gardening and healthy living activities
- Experimenting with science
- Adventuring through new books
- Eating healthy meals
- Strengthening math, English, and reading skills
- Learning about the love of Christ
- Playing games outside
- Traveling to the zoo and park
For volunteer opportunities with Summer Programs, visit our volunteer page.